About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nursery Sneaky Peek

Since I strive to share the good, the bad, and the ugly on the Gimlet, I am showing you the very first, non-styled nursery pics.  I thought you would want to see the pitch perfect gray (as well as the bamboo blinds + chevron drapes + Fillsta Ikea pendant) in action! 

 
You are welcome to visit Chez Gimlet anytime to check out the gray in person.  I am so pleased with it, but it does translate differently in person versus camera. 
 Jenny Lind crib is laid out and ready to assemble. 


Close up of the drapies.
*If you need the information for the ultimate seamstress, email me.  You will never be disappointed in her exacting work!


Detail of the Fillsta.
It only took 5 adults to put it together. 

I hope you like what you see so far and that this excites you for what is to be revealed next!  I must say, designing this room has been my favorite project of all time thus far (and there is still so much more to do...and for you to see!)

Cheers,

JSH

12 comments:

  1. the gray is perfect. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the process as it continues!

    - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drapes. They are so cheery and stylish! And that light fixture is fabulous! I am going to take you up on your offer to see that gray in person. It looks great via my phone, so I imagine it's even better in person.

    It was nice seeing you today!!! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I can't wait to see the room once it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the light fixture...now I see why you wanted to remove the fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookin' fab!!! As the nursery gets closer to completion, I definitely want to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful:) Looking forward to seeing it in person as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yee!! So far so good, can't wait to see the finished product in person! I also always enjoy the term "sneaky peek"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! And you know I love the light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing!! Feels good to see some progress, right??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! This kid is going to seriously live in style! Let me know when you're up for doing D and E's room ;)
    ~ Mara

    ReplyDelete