About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I love you, Lulu. Part II

Y'all know I love Lulu.  I posted about her awesome blog, Trail of Inspiration, quite some time ago.  I admire her personal style as well as her design....and she just seems really cool. 

Needless to say, I was thrilled to get a glimpse of her beautiful home in this month's Lonny (BTW, have you read it yet?  It is getting better and better....)

She additionally featured the clips on her blog, which I always highly recommend for inspiration.  That works out well, since it is, indeed, a "Trail of Inspiration." 

Here are the snaps:

The photo in the background is actually a blow up of her husband and his nephew.  She used a throw away underwater Kodak camera and had the image blown up on plexi glass by Duggal Photo in NYC. 
Dying.




Ahhh...all that Matouk/Lulu fabric and bedding. 

Really great "ark" artwork in her children's room!

Some of my all-time favorite Matouk bedding.
And, I love the simple artwork flanking the bed....could be an easy at-home project.

Hip Hip Hooray!  It is finally the weekend!  We will be attending (and I will be working, so please say hi if you are there) the Save Our Cemeteries All Saints Soiree this weekend.  I posted about it here.  Remember, you can still come...and bid on an awesome mask, designed by the likes of Amanda Talley or E. Lee Jahncke Mead.  I hope to see you there!

Cheers,

JSH


 

3 comments:

  1. her coffee table is fabulous, and i LOVE the ark artwork. i went to the rug company site to check it out "up close" and it is amazing. i love that she embraces color - inspiring, indeed. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to blow up a picture to poster size and hang it up, but I've never found the right one or had the right space for it. She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig this style, definitely has style but very comfortable and laid back. I am feeling quite laid back at the moment as am delightfully ensconced at the Audubon Ritz!

    ReplyDelete