About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Good Thing

If I were Martha, I would call this lil can o' spray paint "a good thing." Then, everyone would buy it and Krylon would be richer than it likely already is. If I were Oprah, I would call it "one of my favorite things" because now it is! (I don't think the guest audience would be too excited about mini spray paint cans compared to Kindles and Spanx, but nonetheless...)

How handy is this guy? It is a half can of spray paint...perfect for all of the little projects around the house. If I had seen these "Short Cuts" years ago, two entire cabinets of our office would be free of spray paint cans in a rainbow of colors. I was also pleasantly surprised that there was a decent amount of color options, too. No metallics yet for the magpies like myself, but here's to hoping.

To avoid waste, I bought one regular can and a "Short Cut" can to finish painting a chair for the guestroom. Krylon's Short Cuts are definitely going to be filed away for projects like painting frames or small parts and pieces of furniture.


I must say, however, that the "great thing" is what I found next at the Ace Hardware. A wall of Zapp's in more flavors than at the regular grocery store. At a hardware store. Personal experience dictates that Creole Tomato is hard to find! (I controlled myself and didn't "stock up" only because I had already stocked up in preparation for our guests this upcoming weekend...)

www.zapps.com




Cheers!

JSH

No comments:

Post a Comment