About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mommy Dearest

I just had to include this because Adrianne and I think this Mik Wright napkin is so hilarious.

For real, though...Happy Mama's Day to all of you who are unquestionably employed in the most challenging, emotionally/physically demanding, rewarding, unruly, insane, wonderful profession ever.

I don't know what I would do without my mom in my life...and I realize how lucky I am for that.  Not everyone is gifted with such a perfect person to have and hold!  Here's to all of the gimlet mamas and caregivers and mama figures and their mamas and/or mama figures, whether they are near or far.  I seriously salute you today and every day...and continue to be in awe of just how you do it so damn well. 


One of my favorite pictures of me and my mama...she weirdly looks pretty much the same, 30 plus years later.   
Lucky girls. 

Cheers,

JSH



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, babe! Can't wait to see you FRI-DEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    Great pic of you and your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love that pic. And your mom DOES look exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously LOVE those napkins! Bought some for the mamas in my life a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete