About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Kid on the Block: Sweet as Honey

I have been passing the cutest store front on Magazine for a couple of weeks now, always mental-noting to stop in soon.  I had the opportunity at lunch the other day and am kicking myself for not checking out Tupelo Honey Design sooner! 

The sweet perfection of the name matches the store and its owner to a tee.  The owner, Maria Jourdan, is incredibly creative and talented, producing some of the most unique paper products I have seen in a looonggg time.  I asked her, "What lines do you carry here?"  She responded, "Pretty much everything is custom."  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.


Hand painted wedding invite.


Elegant invite to a party at Palace Cafe. 

Maria designs invitations, stationery, place cards and any other type of paper good you can imagine.  Not stopping there, however, she is also a photographer and multi media designer.  I am telling you, too....her stuff doesn't look like any of the old staples.  Fresh and new! 


Really entertaining b-day invite.


Sweet hand drawn cards like this abound.

Maria is also one of the nicest, most genuine shop owners I have ever met and graciously let me take some shots of the adorable studio (I was such an enthusiastic nerd about the shop, I had to immediately snap away!).


CHARMING!


CHARMING II!


CHARMING III!

I could have stayed and played with her sample books for another hour.  Sweet Maria is a blushing bride herself and has much insight on wedding invites, save the dates, and all of the other wedding paper needs.  Let me just leave you with this.  RUN do not walk to Tupelo Honey Designs if you live in Nola.  If you are visiting Nola,  RUN do not walk.  If you cannot RUN OR WALK to TH Designs, then check out the website and call Maria and custom design something with her.  'Nuf said.

Cheers,

JSH

P.S.  Just for the record, I don't receive any compensation for my endorsement of certain places or products on this blog.  As most of you Gimleters know, I write this blog to share with you the neat things that I think are worth knowing about.  (That is the closest I will ever get to Legalese after 6:00 pm...)

8 comments:

  1. love that! think i've seen her stuff before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!!! We move back in September, and I think this will be common stop on my Magazine St. shopping route!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of us not in the know--exactly where is this fabulous shop located on Magazine? It is clearly going to be my first stop when I am in town in July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is located right near Antonine....in the old Silk Road Collection, which is near Lilette, Romney Pilates, Baru, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE. 'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool stuff, will have to check it out next time I'm in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dangerous! I'm such a sucker for fab paper goodness. Can't wait to go play for myself!

    ReplyDelete